The cost of education can be challenging and in some cases even seem insurmountable. Appalachian Bible College is committed to providing as much financial assistance as possible to see servants properly equipped for the work of the ministry.
ABC aid is need-based unless otherwise noted and may be applied to cover tuition, fees, room & board, books, and any other misc. institutional charges.
- Must be full-time, undergraduate student.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.0 semester GPA that will be assessed at the end of each semester unless noted differently below.
- The total institutional aid must not exceed the sum of Tuition, Room & Board, Fees, and the Financial Aid Budget for
books, minus the sum of non-institutional aid. The ABC scholarship with the highest amount will be reduced if this total
Max Institutional Aid = Tuition + Room & Board + Fees + Books - Non-Institutional Aid
Merit Scholarship up to $6,000
- Split over first two semesters; non-renewable.
- Available to new students who have placed 1st or 2nd in a state or national academic or talent competition.
- Copy of certificate must be provided.
- Students may only receive one Competition or Achievement Award
Faithful Servant Scholarship up to $5,000
- The Faithful Servant Scholarship is for returning students who exemplify ABC’s motto, "because life is for service," through demonstrated Christian service and exceptional Christian character, and who have a passionate commitment to God’s calling in their life.
- Application Deadline: August 1
- Faithful Servant Scholarship Application
Scholastic Achievement Scholarship up to $5,0001st Semester Based on ACT or SAT Scores (award split over first two semesters)
Amount ACT New SAT Old SAT $1,000 22-24 1120-1190 1510-1670 $2,500 25-28 1200-1340 1680-1910 $5,000 29 and up 1350 and up 1920 and up
Earned each semester with the respective semester GPA.
- 3.60-4.0 Semester GPA - $750 per semester
Church Matching Scholarship up to $5,000
- ABC will match up to $1,250/semester what a church invests to train their own active members providing a combined total up to $5,000 per year.
- The church must officially endorse the student (through the formal decision of the church leadership or membership) affirming that the student is a worthy investment for ministry training because he or she demonstrates an obedience to God's Word and a love of serving the Church.
- The church must not:
- use this program to replace any promised wages and must not promise such a scholarship in place of wages.
- pass money from the student's parents to the student through this program.
- Churches must complete the Online Church Matching Form or the printed version.
Camp Matching Scholarship up to $5,000
- ABC will match, up to $1,250/semester what a Christian Camp invests in a student.
- This scholarship is designed for Christian camping ministries to encourage the next generation of servants in Christian camping leadership. Christian camp directors who want to help ignite sparks of potential that they see in their camp workers can offer a scholarship to them that Appalachian Bible College will match.
- Christian camps should look for candidates who are a worthy investment because they demonstrate a love and obedience to God and His Word, the Bible. Candidates should also demonstrate an aptitude for camping ministry and show potential to serve in Christian camping ministry after training at Appalachian Bible College.
- The Christian camp must not use this program to replace any promised wages and must not promise such a scholarship in place of wages. Scholarship funds are therefore in addition to any standard commitments made regarding employment or volunteering at the camp.
- The camp will officially endorse the student by a letter of explanation detailing the student’s character, calling, and service at the camp.
Multiple Student Scholarship 10-25% off tuition
- Two or more family members from the same household receive incremental percentage off tuition. Examples include dependent siblings, or parent and child combinations.
- 10% for 2
- 15% for 3
- 20% for 4
- 25% for 5 or more
Students may receive only one of the following per year:
New Student Scholarship $2,000
Split over first two semesters; non-renewable.
Fulmer-King Memorial Alumni Referral Scholarship:Available to new students through the written recommendation of a current ABC Alumni Association member.
Pastor's:Available to new students through the written recommendation of their pastor or youth pastor.
Principal's:Available to new students, and awarded by high school principals by a written recommendation to the Financial Aid Office. These scholarships are based on high academic achievement and Christian character.
Board of Directors':Available to new students through the written recommendation of a member of ABC's Board of Directors.
Bible Institute Transfer Student:Available to a student coming directly to ABC from an approved Bible Institute (Word of Life Bible Institute, Cornerstone Bible Institute).
Ladies Auxiliary Referral:Available to new students through the written recommendation of a current ABC Ladies Auxiliary association member.
Children of Alumni Scholarship $2,000
- Given to dependent children of ABC Alumni
Christian Workers' Children Scholarship $4,000
- For dependent students whose head of household parent is in full-time, vocational ministry.
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.75 semester GPA. Tracking of GPA begins after the first semester at ABC.
International Student Scholarship $5,000
- For students who are non-U.S. citizens