Many individuals and organizations have provided funds to assist students. Students are chosen based upon the requirements of the specific scholarship.
Carter Family Scholarship up to $1,000 per year
- Available primarily to local West Virginia residents who attend ABC and have financial need.
- Awarded by order of WV county with those who have met the June 15th Priority Deadline.
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 to remain eligible. First-year recipients will remain eligible for the first two semesters.
Hoops Family Foundation Encounter Revival Ministries Sch. $1,000 per year
- The purpose of this scholarship is to promote the training of servants of the gospel by encouraging committed leaders from the Encounter Revival Ministries (ERM) music ensemble to continue their ministry training at Appalachian Bible College.
- Available to Encounter Revival Ministries alumni who are recommended by a director of ERM.
- Students must be enrolled full-time and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 to remain eligible.
Minnie Belle Baptist Church Scholarshipup to $2,000 per year
- Be a returning student preparing for pastoral ministry, or any returning student enrolled in the Missions major.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Minnie Belle Baptist Church Scholarship Application must be submitted each year, unless otherwise specified. Application period is: April 15 thru June 15. Scholarship will be awarded for the next school year.
WVICU Circle of Vision Scholarship up to $6,000 per year
- Awarded through the West Virginia Independent Colleges and Universities
- The student must be a resident of West Virginia and demonstrate financial need and academic excellence.
- More info: WVICU Circle of Vision Overview
- Cannot be combined with certain ABC Scholarships.
Eastern European Scholarshipamount varies
- Be an International Student (non-U.S. citizen) coming from a country in Eastern Europe, or secondarily have been a student at Word of Life Bible Institute in Hungary.
- Be recommended from a ministry leader in their country; in the case of a WOLBI Hungary student, recommended by a designated leader of WOLBI Hungary as someone who exemplifies godly character and a desire to exalt the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Be accepted and enrolled in a program making satisfactory academic progress.
- Have intention to return to their home country or another country for ministry outside of the U.S. for ministry after completing their education.
- Have significant financial need.
Undergraduate students must be enrolled full-time and Graduate students must be actively pursuing their degree.
President's Scholarshipamount varies
Provided to assist ministry training to quality students identified through Admissions and Registration on a case-by-case basis.
Sam Henry Memorial Scholarship up to $500
Awarded through the Financial Aid Committee to a son or daughter of an alumnus in Christian Service.